- Open for players of all nations.
- Simply speaking, the system is McMahon with SOS, SOSOS, a 4
dan bar, a supergroup, the bottom bar at 20 kyu, even games.
- The supergroup will consist of the 24 European Championship
participants plus an even number (at least 8) additional
strongest players (selected from those who registered to play
in both weeks) to complete a total number of supergroup
members playing in both weeks to 31-32.
- The thinking time is the same for both players and depends on
the higher ranked player as follows:
- 4 dan - 8 dan: 2.5 hours basic time + 3x 1 minute byoyomi
- 3 kyu - 3 dan: 2 hours basic time + 3x 40 seconds byoyomi
- 4 kyu or below: 1.5 hours basic time + 3x 30 seconds byoyomi
- Forms and checklists are used for results, sealing, dropping,
and names. Sealing a move is possible between 12:00 and 14:00
according to the tournament rules. The participants can
decide to drop a next round which they announce to the
organizers by filling in a dropping form by 23:00 the day
before the round.
- Prizes go to the top 10 players who have played all
tournament rounds and to players with at least 8 wins.
- Penalties: A player not playing a round without proper
notification can be expelled from the tournament. This
ensures that all players actually have opponents.