- A team consists of 4 players. The players of a team are
seated on 4 boards in order of decreasing ranks.
- A team gets one bonus point for a) at least 3 different
nationalities, b) rank differences of more than 5 only (20
kyu is the lowest rank), c) age differences of more than 5
years only (no, we won't verify this, however, the
participants are expected to be sportsmanlike!), d) at least
one female and one male player, e) having registered with a
team name. Thus, at most 5 bonus points are possible. The
bonus points are added to the total score (points) of the
team at the qualification stage and are used as a side
criterion to decide ties in the knockout stage.
- The thinking time is 20 minutes without byoyomi. Handicaps
will be used up to 9 stones according to rank difference.
White wins ties.
- A team wins due to a higher number of board wins or ties in
case of the same number of wins as the opposing team. A team
gets 1 / 0.5 / 0 winning points if it wins / ties / loses.
- The qualifications are a 4 rounds handpaired swiss
tournaments depending on winning points with SOS and SODOS
used for tie breakers. From each qualification the two best
teams qualify for the playoff finals.
- In the playoffs the ties (2-2 result) are decided by 1)
higher number of the team bonus points, 2) a total of scores
achieved on all boards (wins by more then 10 points, by
resignation or by forfeit count as wins by 9.5 points), 3)
first board result.