- Thinking time: 30 minutes, no byoyomi.
- All games are even, the pairing is done with the McMahon
system (SOS, SOSOS). The top bar is 4 dan, the bottom bar at
- Prizes go to the 10 players with the highest winning
percentages among all players above 16 kyu having played at
least 7 games. The best 16 kyu or weaker also gets a prize.
- The games start on time. The opponent or the tournament
director ought to start the clock punctually. In view of the
tight daily schedule this is absolutely necessary.
- Result forms are used. The deadlines for putting result forms
into the result boxes are 90 minutes after the announced
start of the round. Thereafter both players forfeit the game.
- It is prohibited to miss a round without formal notice! Each
player must carefully consider how long he is going to play
in the main tournament earlier the day. If he might miss the
start of the Rapid round, he has to drop the round as
follows. The same applies to players making excursions in the
- A player may enter the tournament for his first time by
clearly entering name, rank, and last day of participation in
the "Enter Rapid" form. The daily deadline is 15:00 and the
player starts the following round.
- A player may drop one or more rounds by using the "Drop
Rapid" form. 15:00 is the deadline for the next round. A
player may finally leave the tournament by marking "Leave" in
- A player automatically leaves the tournament after the last
day he/she specified in the "Enter Rapid" form. A player
prolonging his period is required to use the "Enter Rapid"
form again in the same way as above, fill in the last day of
participation and mark "Re-entry".
- Penalty: A player missing a round neither dropped nor left is
eliminated from the rest of the tournament and considered as
having been unsportsmanlike. This ensures that every player
has an opponent.